The Windows 2008 firewall is blocking incoming DCOM packets.
Disable the firewall. Or, add an exception in the firewall for ShadowProtect.
Here are the steps to add the exception:
- In your search box type "wf.msc", this will open the Windows Firewall settings.
- On the tree in the left panel, right click on "inbound rules" and select "New Rule...".
- On the rule type, Select the "Program" radio button and hit "Next...".
- On the Program Page, Hit the "Browse...", navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\StorageCraft\ShadowProtect", select "ShadowProtectSvc.exe". Click OK, and then Next
- On the Action Page, select the "Allow the connection" radio button (default setting). Click Next.
- On the Profile Page, select all of the check boxes. (default settings)
- On the Name Page, Type "ShadowProtect Service" in the name box.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
You should now be able to connect from the management view in ShadowProtect.